Frequently Asked Questions

Question: Why do I need to have my foreign academic credentials evaluated?
Answer: U.S. equivalent credentials are needed by all government institutions for licensure and employment purposes.
Question: How long will it take to evaluate my credentials?
Answer: One to ten business days.
Question: Is your institution duly licensed to do academic credentials evaluation?
Answer: We are duly licensed and recognized by the U.S. Government to do the credential evaluation.
Question: Are you a member of NACES or AICEI?
Answer: No, we are associated with higher-level evaluation organizations that assess the curricula, academic programs and faculty qualifications of U.S. state approved universities pursuing regional and national accreditation. These higher education bodies are acknowledged by the U.S. Department of Education, UNESCO-CHEA International Quality Group. EDUCAUSE and NACE. NACES and AICEI are exclusively involved in foreign credential evaluation.
Question: Are your evaluators qualified to do credential evaluations?
Answer: Our staff is composed of Doctorate, Master’s, and Baccalaureate degree holders.
Question: Can I submit in person my documents?

Answer: We do not accept walk-in service.

Please mail your documents to:

California University
Foreign Credential Evaluations & Research
6556 Fountain Avenue,
Los Angeles, CA 90028

If you are living near the area, you may also drop off your documents in the mailbox at the above address.

Question: How can I reach a live person or representative of your institution?
Answer: Please call 323-464-5285 or 213-447-3546. If the representative is away, please leave a message and your call will be returned within two hours.
Question: What documents do I need to submit?
Answer: Just one photocopy of your transcript of records, certificates, diploma, or mark sheets. If you have all of these documents, please submit them together with your duly Accomplished Application form.
Question: Do I need to notarize my Application and documents?
Answer: There is no need to have them notarized.
Question: Do you translate my foreign credentials into English?
Answer: No, you must have it translated by a certified translator.
Question: Can I submit my application online?
Answer: Yes, you can. Just click the “Online Application” button on the left, fill in the application then click “Submit”.